Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ask the Internet: Easy Slow Cooker Recipes

Today's question comes from reader Tanya:

Q: I would like some slow cooker recipes where I can just dump canned or frozen foods into the slow cooker, turn it on, and walk out the door. No slicing, dicing or browning. I would like them to be healthy and mostly vegetarian. And, oh yeah, I am sick sick sick of chili!

I am looking for these to save me from going out to eat. I would rather pay a little bit more for the price of pre-chopped veggies than the price of dining out.


A: Tanya, I'm happy to introduce you to A Year of Slow Cooking, Stephanie O'Dea's extensive blog dedicated exclusively to simple crockpot recipes. She also has two cookbooks out, including More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow, which was just released in December.

Phyllis Pellman Good's crockpot series is also full of dump-and-walk recipes, but I find the dishes themselves can be hit-or-miss.

Readers, whaboutchoo?

Want to ask the interweb a question? Post one in the comment section, or write to Cheaphealthygood@gmail.com. Then, tune in next Tuesday for an answer/several answers from the good people of the World Wide Net.

No comments:

Post a Comment