Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ask the Internet: Radish Recipes?

This week's question comes from reader Allison.

Q: The other week I was perusing the veggie section and came across these massive red radishes, and I wondered, What could I do with radishes besides slice them up raw for salads? Can they even be cooked? They never appear in any recipes I read. (I feel like maybe I have seen them in an Asian recipe, but I very rarely cook any kind of Asian cuisine at home, so I could be wrong.) I suppose I could steam some up and try but hey, that's what Ask the Internet is for, right?

A: Hi Allison! I have to admit, I'm not a big radish fan myself (also see: mayonnaise, Michael Bolton, wedgies), but Leigh (of Veggie Might fame) likes 'em muchly. Her write-up of Braised Radishes with Tarragon looks particularly enticing.

Beyond that ... readers? It's a non-Thanksgiving question! Yay! Go crazy.

Want to ask the interweb a question? Post one in the comment section, or write to Cheaphealthygood@gmail.com. Then, tune in next Tuesday for an answer/several answers from the good people of the World Wide Net.

1 comment:

  1. Here are a number of radish recipes that I have compiled:

    http://www.2sisters2cities.com/2012/05/fresh-produce-tuesday-week-8-radishes/

    -m

    ReplyDelete